Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Blossom Thief



This is another quilt I designed with EQ6 and plan to make this year. My little
granddaughter, Addie, who is 6, helped me with this one. She did the blocks where the flower is crying. She loves EQ6 and I was amazed at how quickly she learned to use the drawing tools. This was for a challenge on the EQ site. We had to design something that had birds and blossoms. I already had this one designed with a different center and called it, "Not Your Average Daisy," so I modified it by adding the bird. Now, I like this one better, so that's what I will make. At this point, I am not sure if I will do hand applique or machine. I'd love to do it in hand applique, but time might not permit.

The program comes with a great block library which you can choose from. In this case, I used the flowers and the bird, but added the faces and the flower pots. In some cases, I changed the leaves or rotated the flowers to make them appear to be looking at the center block. On the EQ website, they also have tutorials that help you turn images into motifs. It's really a lot of fun.

No comments: