Thursday, July 24, 2008

Quilt from my stash year - 2008

It's time for a check-in to see how I am doing with my quilt from my stash project.

Well, I've used up my "get out of jail free" card. I did it when I was on vacation. I kind of had that in mind when I made up these rules. I'm 600 miles away from my favorites shop, "Millstone Quilts" near Mechanicsville, VA, and I love to go there. It is a shop way out in the country in a quaint old mill. I just have to go there every time I am up there and I just can't come away empty handed.

I bough the "Noel" tin box set and I hope to make the Christmas quilt from the fabric in it. It was so cute, and I knew I'd love the tin lunchbox. I also bought some fabric to make my granddaughter some doll clothes she saw in a pattern book. The little dresses were made to look like a watermelon, orange, lemon and a lime. The outfits were just darling and I have nothing like that in my stash. Actually, this didn't count against my resolution anyway, since it was a request.Laughing

But truly, I have done well. I've been prowling through my fabric and gotten inspired just looking at the wonderful fabrics and remembering what I bought the fabric for. Of course, there are some things I wonder what in the world I was thinking ofUndecided Making this resolution has been good for me. Sometimes I see new fabric and remember that I have something in my stash that I like even better.

No comments: