Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What Addie Said




Addie (6) was over here yesterday and I showed her the box with the templates and scraps for the Double Wedding Ring quilt and told her of my plan. I told her that I would leave it to her and she thought that was great. I told her that she would probably have to put it together and she said that was fine too. She'd like to do it! I actually told her that long ago women were supposed to have 12 quilts before they got married and her eyes got big and said we had better get started!



I also told her the story of Aunt Dulcie and she liked it and named one of her dolls Dulcie. I have a feeling that this is one story that is going to be passed down, and it couldn't make me happier. This little one is right after my own heart. I love all my grandchildren, but what a special joy to have one who loves needlework and dolls already. Even now, she sits with me while I stitch and plays with her dolls. It's also wonderful that the one who likes to sew is the one who lives with me and the granddaughter who is a nature girl lives in a 12 acre woods with a lake and miles to roam in with or without her 4 wheeler. She's her father's child, that is for sure. Here she is, a little solemn in this photo, but not in life! The girls are only 3 months apart and great company for each other, unfortunately they live 600 miles away, but we visit often. Next summer, I plan to teach Eli to quilt also...maybe I'll have to make scraps for 2 Double Wedding Ring quilts!




I am truly blessed. Anne

No comments: