Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Summer Stash Challenge

Well, I have started on my Summer Stash Challenge and was hoping to have some lovely photos here to show my progress, but alas, my camera needs charging and I can't find the cord. This summer, when I went on a genealogy trip, I moved the cords to make room for something and I have yet to find them.

So...I'll just have to describe the projects. First, I have an all pink quilt pieced for my granddaughter, Addie. It's made with various shades of pink ranging from dark to light. Right now, it is arranged on my cutting table. (I don't have a quilt wall because the room is a converted attic with slanting sides.) I am auditioning the borders. I can't settle on how many borders or how wide, so I have one combination on the table now and a little later, I'll switch to see which I like better.

I'm also working on a little wall hanging made from uneven log cabin blocks that I am really anxious to finish. It's done in a deep brownish red and ecru. The blocks are 2" square and it's foundation pieced. I've had it for ages, but I have never gotten to it. In my new apartment, I have a panel that I need to hide and I think it is the perfect size.

Hopefully, I will find the cord to my camera. I know it is here somewhere, but in the move t hings have gotten really switched around.

1 comment:

Addie said...

I didn't know you had 3 blogs ;-)